Saturday 29 September 2007

Thrift store finds

I went shopping with my sister to Value Village today - here is what I found:

These two framed petite points - they will go one above the other on the narrow wall with my light switch in my office/sewing room. I love the frames these are in! They were $4.99 each.

Close ups of petite point

UPDATE: picture of the the petite points on my newly painted sewing room wall!

This blouse is not my size - however, I LOVE the fabric. I am not sure what I will do with it yet, but I will take it apart and use it for something wonderful. I would love to get a nice wood back chair, paint it cream and cover the seat with this. Or I was thinking to cover a box and make a keepsake box. It was $7.99 but I had to have it!
Close up of the fabric, buttons and trim - it is SO beautiful!
A couple 100% cotton napkins that I will use in quilting. 99 cents for both.

A thick warm soft sweater for me - have to keep the temp down this winter to save on the utility bill - bigger house, bigger bill. This will keep me nice and warm. $9.99 I wish you could feel how soft it is - and it is definitely warm - I was sweating just to get the picture taken.

Close up of the leaf buttons and the multi-coloured yarn.
After value village we hit Wal-Mart for a few sale items. I got the following fabrics for $5/metre.







This one was in the clearance bin for $1.97/metre.

Now I have to get busy making stuff with these. My sister thinks I am addicted to fabrics - hey it's cheaper than drugs right? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Kim! Great finds! You're reminding me it's time I went to the thrift store. I need a few more clothes for fall/winter. And the idea of picking up clothes for quilting makes a lot of sense too.

Those are gorgeous petit point pictures. I never find anything that good in our thrift stores!

Jean

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...