Monday 25 October 2010

More Monday Musings

It was pretty chilly here last week but we have still managed to keep the heat turned off.

J wears a fleece hoody to school and with the cooler temps, it is just not cutting it anymore. The wind goes right through it.

We decide to go shopping for a fall coat on Saturday - we got up, went to breakfast at our local diner, they have a great breakfast for a decent price. And then we were off to the big mall in the next town/city over (The Oshawa Centre).

We went to The Bay first but didn't have any luck, they only had winter coats out (his still fits from last year thank god.)

The we decided to look at Sport Chek. I found a really nice Columbia jacket that was marked down from $139.99 to $49.99. It was his size too. After trying it on, we decided it fit him a little too snug, the larger size would be better. We scoured the racks and DH finally found the next size up - it fit a bit loose but J likes it better that way and I hope to get another year out of it. When we go to the cash the final price with taxes was $32 score!

And of course since he now has a nice fall jacket, the temps have gone up! All this week it is supposed to be nice and mild :) Means we still don't have to turn the heat on.

We did change to flannel sheets and put the electric blanket on our bed. I used the electric blanket to warm the bed last night - DH's side doesn't seem to be working though. Our last electric blanket did the same thing. This one is only 3 yrs old, it shouldn't be doing this already.

I still have to switch J's bed to flannel sheets - he sleeps with Peanut, so they keep each other warm  :)

I am making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight using this recipe. It is the first time I have ever cooked the meatballs right in the sauce. I also made another 2 dozen meatballs and froze them raw.

Tomorrow will be leftovers of some type or something easy as J has cadets at 6:30pm.

I will be making chili on Wednesday as well - a big pot so I can freeze some. We will have chili on Wed and chili-dogs on Thursday or Friday. J doesn't like chili so will eat something else on the chili night and plain hotdogs on the chili-dog night.

I still have not heard about that job I interviewed for but I told a fellow tech writer about it. She submitted, did the test, was interviewed and they they contacted her for a different role they have available. So she is being submitted for that instead. She was told they are hiring approx. 22 ppl and that the positions are still open, so hopefully I still have a shot.

Still they are not very organized. They sent her the info for the test then called her up one day out of the blue to interview her without prior scheduling it with her.

I didn't win the Lottomax last week - it is now up to 50 million I think. Dh says that is too much money, I told him that's ok, then I will only give him 1 million if I win :P

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

we also didn't win the Lotto Max......

Great buy for your son.

You have done well not to have the heat on.........luckily for us our heating hasn't been on much either, thanks to us having the wood fire on.

Gill

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...