Monday 18 October 2010

Monday Musings

Update below


I just checked out the book The Power from the library. Maybe you have read the prequel to this one, The Secret? It is all about the power of attraction - not to each other but to what you want out of life.

The Power just builds on that same theory. In a nutshell...what it says is: what you put out there, is what you get back. Put out positive energy, get positive results back. Be negative and send negative energy out into the universe, that is what you will get back.

I have to make a concerted effort to always think positively. It is too easy to get caught up in a complaining cycle, which is negative.

On a positive note...that work at home job I interviewed for a couple weeks back? I hadn't heard back from them so assumed they were not interested and emailed to confirm. Seems they are just running behind schedule and will be deciding this week, so I am still in the running.

Last night we ate leftovers and I had leftover pasta again for bunch this morning. Gotta stay on top of using those leftovers.

I took 2 chicken breasts out of the freezer and will make these Crispy Chicken Fingers tonight for J & I. We will have a noodle side dish and salad with it. I'll let you know if they turn out well, they sure like yummy!


UPDATE
I made the chicken fingers only I left the breast whole after flattening. They were really good - I seasoned up the flour with seasoning salt, garlic powder and a Parm & herb seasoning blend. Not something you want to make too often as you do need a fair amount (1/4 cup) of oil to fry them in.

2 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

chicken fingers made from "real" chicken breasts always taste a whole lot better than the frozen ones in my opinion.

Gill

Gill - That British Woman said...

Kim,

I was told the Creativ Festival held in the International Centre in the spring is better than the one downtown? So I think we may head to that in April 2011 to see what's what.

Gill

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...