Monday 6 April 2009

Nothing like procrastination...

So I finished the baby quilt just in time for the shower on Sunday.

Once I managed to get it sandwiched (took 3 tries). I planned on quilting it on my new (to me) sewing machine...it had other ideas. I grabbed a practice piece and started quilting only to have the machine act up. As I didn't have time to play around, I figured I would just straight quilt on my regular machine. Which I did successfully until the bobbin thread ran out.

I refilled the bobbin and then proceeded to quilt without first testing the thread. I got a loopy mess on the back of the quilt that I then had to rip out. After playing with the bobbin for about 5 minutes ( I have no idea what I did) I got it to sewing smoothly again and I finished quilting the quilt on Friday evening.

However, as I used high loft batting, I had an area that looked just too poofy to me, so I ripped out another huge section, repinned and requilted it. I then sewed on the binding and hand-stitched the binding to the back on Saturday.

My handstitching is getting better

Front
Back

I have to say I think this quilt has been the most finacky, but I also like it the best.

My neice Amanda - the Mom-to-be

Opening my gift


I finished the baby afghan I started crocheting way back when, and gave that as well.

Also at the baby shower, I got to meet for the first time, the two recipients of the previous baby quilts I made.

My great neice Samantha - this was her quilt

My great nephew Dustin - this was his quilt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful afghan and quilt Kim! I love your colour sense.

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...