Sunday 19 April 2009

New Blogs I Found

Well, they aren't new blogs, just new to me.

Fun Foods On a Budget - Great simple recipes. Doesn't require you to run out and find truffle oil or tarragon vinegar. The site header makes me want to cook a pizza NOW!

Real Mom Kitchen
- Again simple recipes for the entire family.

Mom's Cafe Home Cooking - A fellow Canadian with many recipes and cooking tips to share.


And I have a question...is it an American thing to bake a cake in a 9x13 glass dish? I have never seem this before I started reading US cooking blogs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're all about the 9x13....I don't know why though. I do sometimes use an 8x8.

Kim said...

I guess it's even the glass dish thing that seems odd to me. If I bake a cake I use 2 round cake pans...the idea to bake a cake in a glass dish and then ice only the top isn't that common to me.

Anonymous said...

I've seen people make cakes in 9x13 before in Canada, too... but you certainly see it a lot in the US, too! You may also enjoy http://preparednesspro.wordpress.com for quick and easy pantry meals, too. Enjoy!

Mom's Cafe Home Cooking said...

Hi Kim :) Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I'm glad you found it useful and thanks for recommending it. I really do appreciate the mention.

To answer your question, I do think baking a cake in a 9x13 glass dish is an American thing. IIRC I got the idea years ago for making a creamsicle cake just such a dish. I think that's about the only cake I ever make like that.

Take care,

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...