Tuesday 10 March 2009

Kitchen Tip Tuesday - New use for an old tool


One day last week I was cooking a roast and making a bunch of sauteed mushrooms to go along with it. I was slicing away at the mushrooms when I realized this was going to take a long time - I had two containers of mushrooms to slice.

A light bulb went off and I started searching the back of my utensil drawer. I found my egg slicer and stuck a mushroom in and pushed down the top. It worked like a charm! I finished slicing all those mushrooms in no time.

I just have to remember it for next time.

For more kitchen tips, stop by Tammy's place.

4 comments:

mommanator said...

hye nifty idea, but I dont do mushrooms too much. I like them but they dont agree with me!

Melanie said...

Cool! It works for black olives out of the can too:)
Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

Thats a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I don't own one of those nifty gadgets, but I'm starting to see the benefits! Mushrooms, eggs, strawberries, olives...

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...