Tuesday 9 December 2008

Weight Watchers

At my weigh in tonight I was up 0.8 lbs. I lose one week and gain the next. I am down a total of 7lbs.

At tonight's meeting a new Weight Watcher's plan was announced. It is called The Momentum Plan.

They have kind of combined the Flex Points and the Core Plan. I was doing Core because I didn't have to track points (which I hate). Now on this new plan, I have to track points...blah.

Tonight I worked out a sample day menu to see how I would use my points. Based on my weight and a few other factors, I am allowed 30 points per day.

Breakfast------------------------------Points
Coffee---------------------------------0
Sugar 2tsp ----------------------------1
Milk 1/4 C ----------------------------1
Whole egg ----------------------------2
3 Egg whites---------------------------1
PAM spray----------------------------0
3 slices ham bacon---------------------1
sliced tomato--------------------------0
1 Slice whole wheat toast--------------2
1 Tsp light margarine------------------1
_______________________________
9

Lunch
Broccoli soup (non-cream, non-fat)-----2
Celery 2 ribs---------------------------0
Laughing Cow Cheese Lite wedge------1
Lettuce salad--------------------------0
Eastside Mario's dressing 1Tbsp-------2
Tuna (water-packed) 1/4 C ----------1.5
_______________________________
6.5

Dinner
Chicken breast------------------------3
Salsa 1/2 C --------------------------0
Lentils 1/2 C--------------------------2
Brown rice 1/2 C ----------------------2
Lettuce salad--------------------------0
Eastside Mario's dressing 1T ----------2
Asparagus or broccoli 1C --------------0
_______________________________
9

Snacks
micro popcorn light (5 C)------------1
2 clementines--------------------------1
tea w/1T honey & milk---------------2
Banana----------------------------------2
________________________________
6

Grand total of 30.5 points for the day and that certainly seems like a LOT of food.

I also get an extra 35 points per week to use on anything I like. A couple drinks or desserts maybe.

The only problem I see is that I will soon tire of the same food and I will have to check out the points for a whole bunch of new foods - did I mention I hate having to keep track :)

5 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Yes, that sure looks like a lot of food, and delicious food at that. But I agree, you would get fed-up with eating the same food so you have to change the menu around.

Hope all is well with you and the family.

Lakeland Jo said...

Good luck with your plan and keep up the good work. I start my plan on January 8th

Unknown said...

Don't eat the same meal every day or you will get tired quick. Change it up. I like to keep my journal in a notebook, so I can go back and see the points instead of figuring it out again. Good luck!!
Ginas Weight Watcher Recipes

Nancy said...

Good luck on your diet! Sounds like you got the scale moving down. Everyone goes up and down like that, so I wouldn't let that .8 gain bother me. I have had better luck with the Atkins Diet myself...once I got off the carbs, I had so much more energy. It helped that a girlfriend and I did it together, too. I love protein foods...never have been one much for vegetables, so Atkins worked for me. Good luck to you!!!

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Nancy said...

Oh, I loved the pics of Peanut!!! Too cute for words in his/her snow clothes! Is Peanut a little boy or little girl??? I love animals...my aunt used to have a little dog like that.

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...