Tuesday 17 July 2012

Back on the Low carb Band Wagon

So I am still down 10lbs, I slipped off the wagon a bit last weekend. Back on now and feeling better.
I was feeling really crappy while I was... well eating crappy! But the more crap I had, the more I wanted! Vicious vicious cycle!

So today I had a 3 egg omelet with mushrooms & purslane in it for breakfast. Forgot to take pic - sorry.

I wrote about Purslane in a previous post. It has the highest amount of omega 3 fat than any other plant! Omega 3 fats fight heart disease & lower blood pressure - yes I WILL be eating weeds from my garden!
(they are growing better then the veggies!)

Then I had a handful of strawberries at around 11am.

Lunch was at about 1:30pm, and consisted of 2 pepperettes, 2 pickled eggs, baby belle cheese & cucumber slices.


And finally dinner was homemade hot wings (10 halves), 1/2 an avocado & a salad made up of red leaf lettuce from the garden, more Purslane, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes from the garden, mushrooms, roasted red peppers & feta cheese. Dressed with olive oil & red wine vinegar.



It was nummy & filling. Hubs finished the 4 wings I couldn't.

Now if only I could gt hubs to stop eating an entire baguette with dinner...

No comments:

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...