Sunday 25 September 2011

And yet another magazine collage - are you sick of these yet?

I am having a great time playing around with magazine photos and arting with them.

Here is one I did with just a bunch of eyes!

I used modge podge for the left page and all the magazine images wrinkled, so then I asked the gals on Ustream and while most suggested gel medium, I don't have that, so they suggested watered down white glue, which I used on the right page to the exact same results. Maybe it is just my technique - even still, I like the end result.

On the left page, I tried to blur the edges of the cut outs with gesso then paint over it - on the right I didn't bother to do that.


In case you cannot read it, the text says...Someone is always watching.

No comments:

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...