Friday 26 August 2011

On my mind

Wow this summer has just sped right by! I informed the kiddo that he only has a little more than a week before heading into grade 9, he was NOT impressed :)

I have been submitting to a few jobs per week is seems, but I guess they are getting a lot of interest because I have not gotten any interviews scheduled.

I am thinking maybe I need to change careers, but without going back to school, which I cannot afford at the moment, I am at a loss for what to do. I have submitted for local office type work, but again, I either come across as over-qualified, or not qualified enough in the skills they require.

I had a Dr appt on Tuesday as I was having some digestive issues. My Dr seemed very preoccupied. I was down 10 lbs from the last time I saw her in March, but she didn't even notice as she scribbled the number down on her hand - I hope she added it to the file later!

She is sending me for blood work and an ultrasound. She thinks I may have ulcers.

I had my nephew's girlfriend and baby over on Tuesday afternoon. Cali is 4 1/2 months old and so happy! J loved being around the baby - he was amazed at how tiny she was :)











 


I have already whipped up a lil tunic type dress for Cali - I just made the pattern up but it was after they left, so I have to wait until they visit again to try it on her and make adjustments before making a few actual dresses for her.

I am still working on my art journal - but the table I work on is also my cutting table, so I kind of have to choose one craft, either sewing or arting to do at any one time as I cannot fit another table or workspace in my crowded lil office/sewing/craft room :)

This post is linked up to On my mind over at Down To Earth.

4 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

its hard when you're over qualified for jobs......I hope something turns up for you soon,

Gill

Humble wife said...

I hope you find a job soon!
The baby is adorable and how neat that such a cutie is willing to hold her!

Came over from Rhonda's!

Jennifer

Becky said...

Boy do we know what you are going through. My husband was laid off April 2009 and hasn't found another permanent job since. Thankfully he was able to get temp work for a good part of one year but now we are back to living on the $270 a week unemployment and my part time job... definitely NO FUN! I wish you well in your search.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Poor Peanut stuck in her cage. The baby is adorable and so his your son. Wishing you luck with the job hunting.

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...