Thursday 11 August 2011

My low carb breakfast

On the low carb board I frequent, there is something called a MIM (muffin in a minute).

It is a bread substitute. Yesterday I made a MIM and after toasting it, topped each slice with 1/2 a fried egg (yolk broken), then some tomato slices, another 1/2 fried egg (2 eggs total) and then some marble cheese. I broiled it for a min to melt the cheese. It was pretty good!



Muffin in a Minute
Serving Size: 1

1/4 cup flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg 
1 teaspoon butter
shake or 2 of garlic powder
shake or 2 of seasoning salt

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug ( I use a wider raminkin).
Then add the egg and the butter. Mix well
Microwave 1 minute (or so). I usually do 1 min 15 secs.

You can simply eat them as is, or cut and butter and eat. I slice mine into 2 rounds and toast in the toaster oven. They come out more like toast that way in my opinion.


No comments:

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...