Friday 1 April 2011

End of week update

I know I have been scarce around here lately - sorry about that. I guess I just didn't have much to write about.

I had a follow-up Dr's appt on Tuesday. My weight is down 10lbs and my blood pressure is also down (132/72). Dr said if I lose 20 more pounds, I can get off the blood pressure meds. Yah!

I may have a work-from-home job in the works. The pay isn't what I am used to, but is better than nothing. I am halfway though the selection process. I have to do an online course next week and then we shall see. It is answering inbound calls from home, not my ideal job, but beggars can't be choosers can they?

It is supposed to be a lovely weekend this weekend - sunny & warm(er) :) I need to get some of my veggie seeds started indoors this weekend.

Before Christmas I bought 2 Wagjag.com vouchers for Surf & Turf dinners at a local dockside restaurant for a couple of friends of ours and ourselves. Last weekend we finally went out for that dinner. The deal was Surf & Turf (8oz sirloin & lobster tail), choice of potato, vegggie and soup or salad to start, for 2 people for $40. So I bought two, pretty good right?

Well it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. They had the world's smallest lobster tails, more like large shrimp and they were extremely overcooked. The steaks were all a little overdone for each of our liking too.

Since we paid for the meal, our friends paid for the drinks and desserts, which probably came to about the same price I paid.

We had a nice evening out with good friends, so I guess that is all that really counts.

Also, my nephew and his girlfriend's baby has decided she doesn't want to meet us and is 2 weeks past due. Her mommy will be induced on April 6th (her Mommy's birthday incidentally) if she doesn't decide to make an appearance before that. I guess that will make it easy on the daddy to rememner their birthdays right ? :)

I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...