Saturday 9 April 2011

Weekly Update

So since the beginning of the year I have kinda sorta been on and off a diet.

For the past 9 days (today is day 10), I have been successfully eating low carb, with no cheats. I have had no sugar, no bread, no starchy veggies (potatoes), no rice, no pasta. I am eating a lot more veggies. I feel good. I am down 7.4 lbs. Down a total of 17.4 lbs from my highest weight back in December.

On Tuesday J called me from school saying he had a bad headache and felt funny. I told him to tell his teacher so he could call home (he had snuck into the bathroom to call me on his cell, which is forbidden). His teacher thought he was faking it and told him to wait until after his next class, which was the end of the day and he came home, still with a headache and feeling funny. He took Advils for the rest of the evening.

The next morning, he still had a headache so he didn't go to school - he took Tylenols since the Advils didn't seem to be helping much.

Thursday morning we took him to the walkin clinic since he still had the headache. After questioning him to see if he had fallen or anything he remembered being hit in the forehead with a basketball on Tuesday at close range. He didn't think anything of it at the time because it was an accident and he wasn't hurt, or so he thought.

The Dr says he has a minor concussion. The headache can last 3-5 days and to continue taking Advil. So he was home again on Friday, his 14th birthday, still having the headache. Today, Saturday the headache is pretty much gone. I called the school on Thursday to let them know what was going on and asked the VP to speak to J's teacher about letting him call when he needs to. His rule is that they can only call home twice each year. As J doesn't usually complain of headaches, I think this guy should have listened to him. J had a minor concussion and is fine now, but it could have been much worse.

Still not much happening on the job front - I have submitted for a few jobs but no word back from anyone yet.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend - today is a gorgous sunny day, but the rain is coming tomorrow.

1 comment:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Gees, thank goodness he's fine. And what kind of rule is that... only call home twice in one year; that's not always good (as it was in this case). Good luck with the job hunting, something will come up when you least expect it.

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...