Tuesday 15 June 2010

Demand Studios

I have recently started writing for Demand Studios. How it works, is that they provide a list of titles and article types and you select them and write them. They are reviewed and either returned to you for a rewrite or rejected or accepted. If accepted you get paid and start looking for your next title to write about.


I have only written one article so far, which required a rewrite and then was accepted. I probably worked about 6 hours on a $15 article.

Anyway...

I am having great difficulty picking titles. There are litterally 100s of titles to chose from but these are not your standard article title. I think most are somehow generated from random searches run on the Internet.

Here are a few examples (as I cannot actually post Demand Studio titles, I am ad-libbing)

  • How to make a soda can robot.
  • Dog neutering laws in Japan
  • Can I turn my Chevy V8 into a radio?
  • How to build a hotub back massager
 So I am spending way more time looking for a title then actually writing the articles.

P.S. I had to check for these titles in DS to ensure they were not actual titles - cause you just never know :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gill - That British Woman said...

interesting, never heard of these people.

Gill

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...