Thursday 8 April 2010

Exactly 13 years ago today...

at 7am I was getting ready to go to the hospital for my scheduled C-section.

After many hours and all the necessary stuff (nice medical terms huh?) you were born at 2:40pm.

You weighed in at 8lbs 8 ounces and were 50 cm long. You were tiny and oh so perfect.

You looked even tinier in Daddy's strong arms.

The years went on and we learned from each other, growing and loving.

Through the adorable, mischievous, full-of-energy toddler years (that you have YET to grow out of), when all you needed was Mommy's kiss to make it all better,



the inquisitive pre-school years when everything you did was new and oh SO exciting,


to the try-my-patience, push-my-buttons and make-me-go-grey-early pre-teen years

(school project testing phase)(baby racoons)
and even through the multitude of hairstyles :),


...I have absolutely loved every second (ok not every second, those times you were sick and I worried myself sick, I could have done without), but most of it.

You are growing into such a loving, thoughtful, responsible young man and you make me proud.

The time has just flown by and I hope the next 13 slow down a bit, I don't want to miss a minute.

Happy Birthday to my one and only thirteen year old! :)

Love you
Mom

4 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

Happy Birthday to your teenager, now the fun will begin!!

Great photos,

Gill

Oh the braces in the corner of the attic, will be covered, when they come back to finish the basement,

Gill

Vickie LeBlanc said...

I've been slacking in my blog reading so I missed this special birthday last week. Happy Belated Birthday to that handsome young man. I love the pictures (some are very funny).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Aw, that was such a sweet tribute to your son!! Happy belated birthday to him!

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...