Wednesday 3 February 2010

The latest baby quilt in progress

I went shopping for fabric on Monday. I wasn't able to find any cute flannel like I used in the previous quilts (here, here & here).

The baby is a girl but the Mom doesn't care for pink so I opted for bright fun colours of cotton.

The bottom lime green alphabet pattern will be the wide border,
with the purple above it as the narrow border and the binding.


Monday - bought the fabric
Tuesday - designed the quilt and sewed the main 6 blocks

I've outlined one of the blocks so you can see there are 6 identical blocks,
but I rotated each one a quarter turn to achieve this pattern

Wed - Sew the blocks together
Thurs - I have to add a thin and then a wide border
Friday - I have to shop for backing fabric as the one I planned to use isn't wide enough

Then I just have to pin the layers together, get quilting and finally add the binding.

The shower is Feb 21st, so as long as I keep up this pace, I should be fine.

No comments:

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...