Thursday 3 December 2009

Wow it is December already!

Update below


I didn't post my end of November To Do list update as it hasn't changed since my mid-point update.

Sad I know.

J & I had the day off yesterday - he had an early morning orthodontist appt so we decided to spend the rest of the day Christmas shopping.

DH has just recently bought a new cell phone (I actually gave him money for it for his BD which isn't until Dec 21st) because his old one wasn't Bluetooth capable (we have a new hands-free law here) and the battery was starting to die.

We decided we would activate the old phone as a pay-as-you-go for J.

When I got to the store yesterday to do that, I was told that there would be a $50 activation charge. They recommended I get a new phone for $70 which included the activation and a $20 phone credit. And that new phone would be under warranty, whereas, DH's old would not.

Makes sense. I showed J the phone being offered, he mentioned that he really wanted the one with the slide out keyboard. It was $80, included activation and a $20 phone credit as well. So the phone actually only cost $10.

Oh and it is the exact phone I was/am contemplating getting. It has a slide out keyboard as mentioned, a 1.3 Megapixal camera, Bluetooth capable, speaker phone and an MP3 player.

The Samsung Intensity


He pretty much spent the rest of the day playing with the phone and texting me and his Dad (who was out of town on business). He also logged on to the Internet (ya it does that too!) to look for games. Once he saw the prices he decided not to download any - his couple minutes on the net cost him $1.10. He manged to use up $5 of his $20 yesterday alone.

We later found a plan for $5 where he can send 250 text messages per month and receive text messages for free (you are usually changed 15 cents for each incoming & outgoing text). So now he is down to $10 left but has 250 text messages.

I jokingly told him that now I don't have to buy him any Christmas presents as I just gave him a cell phone, camera and MP3 player. He isn't sure if I am serious or not :)

Today (Saturday) I went and got myself the same phone. :) So much fun.

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

oh the joys of modern technology.....I can never remember to charge or even turn on my cell phone most of the times!!

Gill

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...