Tuesday 8 December 2009

Work no work

Last week I thinking about the end of my current contract and looking forward to it. I decided to take the week between Christmas and New Years off, so I called my recruiter to let him know. As I mentioned that the last day of my contract was Dec 31st, he noted that he had it listed as Jan 31st. It seems that this company took so long in renewing my contract that they tacked on an extra month.

Well ok I guess. I really dislike this current job but money is money right. So then I decided to take 2 wks off at Christmas and come back for the full month of January refreshed.

Well I finally had myself resigned to that, and today they go and change things again. They have decided that there really isn't enough work (hello what have I been saying?) and I shouldn't return in January.

So my official last day of this contract is next Friday Dec 18th.

So I am glad to be done with it - but kind of sad because I was looking forward to a month more income.

Oh well. I didn't want to travel in January or February anyhow :) Here's hoping for a new contract that starts March 1st!

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

it's a no win situation, but as you say at least you don't have to drive in the rotten weather.

It will give you more time to do some blogging as well!!

Gill

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...