Saturday 23 August 2008

Finished Quilt & Garden Party

I finished hand sewing the back of the binding on the baby quilt Friday night at 11:30pm.

The front

The back
Close up of back quilting
Folded and ready to wrap

On Saturday, we held a fund raiser for The Walk To End Breast Cancer, which my sister (a 32 yr breast cancer survivor), has participated in for 6 yrs running.

It is a 60 Km 2-day walk through the streets of Toronto on Sept. 6 & 7. She has to raise $2000 each year in order to participate in the walk.

To read her story, click here.

With the funds raised today, the proceeds from several yard sales, and donations from friends and family, she has achieved her goal.

My friend L hosted a margarita party in her backyard as today's fund raiser. I was a nice hot non-rainy day and a good time was had by all.

And I'll throw in a couple Peanut pictures just because I can't stop taking her picture.

2 comments:

mommanator said...

A margarhita party! that must have been Fun

Melody said...

My kind of party.

Hey you, haven't heard from you in a week - all okay?

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...