Wednesday 13 March 2013

Vanity I Made for a Friend's Birthday

I made the following vanity & mini album from a Kathy Orta pattern I bought. I then made the additional two drawer minis on my own.

This post is very pic intensive.

I used Ladies' Diary paper by Graphic 45 that I absolutely LOVE.
My friend loved the vanity as well :)

Click on pics for larger images.
Before I added all the embellishments
I used a key on a brad as a swing closure 
as I didn't have magnets strong enough


Lace on the sides as doilies

 The mini album that fits in the drawer


 Top tray

Mini albums I made for each side drawer

Final version of flowers added to frame & 
cameo pin to embellish top or to wear



 Wrapped and ready to go

 L opening her gift 

 L with her vanity (& Luigi)

The front of the mini album

 Back/spine
The pages with photo mat inserts - this mini can hold 40 photos









The two minis I made for the side drawer - pictures of her 
two sons will be added to these (each mini can hold 24 photos)






Not sure what my next project will be - thanks for looking :)

3 comments:

CanadianRobin said...

great job Kim. Liked that you found a box to wrap it in too.

Gill - That British Woman said...

what a super gift she is a very lucky lady.

Gill

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...