Wednesday 18 April 2012

My News

So I submitted to a job back in Feb, heard nothing, assumed they were not interested.
Friday last week, I get a call from the recruiter wanting to know if I am still available & still interested, I say yes to both.

I had an interview with them today. One of the 3 people interviewing me is a colleague I have worked with twice before, and I am pretty sure he is the reason I GOT THE JOB! It is a 3 month contract.

Before the interview was even finished, they were saying "when you start" etc...I was told I could start May 1st and just had to sign the paperwork.

So I called my recruiter to tell them and then heading for the nice long commute home.

When I got home, I again spoke to the recruiter - I have to do a criminal background check and it has to be done in the next 2 days and at one of only 3 police stations that will do "while you wait" checks (none of which are anywhere close to me) because the client wants me to start MONDAY as in 4 days from now!

Crap, I was hoping for the 2 wks to get things organized at home etc...

Now I have to rush and try to get this back ground check done on Sat but I am not sure I have the correct ID for it - I can use my passport, but not my health card or SIN and I don't have any of the other gov't issued ID listed.

So good news & bad - I couldn't get a live person on the phone today at the police station, so will call again tomorrow morning at 8am and see if I can get it done with the ID I have - not sure what will happen if I can't.

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

well done, hopefully the contract will be extended....

Gill

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...