Tuesday 11 October 2011

Only a matter of time

My mother in-law is visiting.

Some of the things I have heard (many of them several times over!)

MIL: that woman is too pale, she should put on some makeup.
MIL: Tsk look how short her skirt is!
MIL: (while watching a cooking show) Is SHE going to eat ALL that!
MIL: (same cooking show) Look at ALL the butter she is putting in!
MIL: Smith?! He is Indian, his name can't be Smith!
MIL: (after reading a crime novel of mine) Why do people write that stuff, it is HORRIBLE!
MIL: She looks like she didn't comb her hair.


ME: (Watching a cop on the news commend rescue workers "My hands off to them...")
"It's HATS off to them dumbass" I shout at the TV

OH MY GOSH - it is rubbing off on me!

5 days to go - pray for me!

3 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Almost there, hang in there.

Melody said...

LOL - you are earning your wings.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I so know how you feel I have my mother coming for three weeks!!! Don't mention this comment on my blog in case she reads it......

Gill

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...