Wednesday 19 January 2011

Start of next baby quilt

Well I told you awhile back that my nephew's girlfriend is expecting. She is due mid-March I believe.
Well I just found out her baby shower is Feb 13th - so that gives me approximately 4 weeks to get this quilt done. No problem.

I got started today - I have 4 of the 12 house blocks made. Then I will have to cut out another 12 squares of fabric and start sewing them together. Then it needs a border. Next comes sandwiching the quilt and finally adding the binding. No problem at all :)

Here are the 4 house blocks I've done. The house is a fabric, I didn't piece it. 8 More of these with a different border fabric to go.


I included 2 photos because one shows the detail better and the other shows the colour better, however, the main colour is a florescent lime green - but it doesn't show up that way in the pics.

I am using the same fabric I did for THIS baby quilt last year. I have enough for the quilt top - I purchased new fabric for the backing.

1 comment:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Piece of cake ! four weeks, you have plenty of time. You've done it before ;-) I love the little houses.

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...