Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy 2011 Everyone!

Ah it is a fresh new year - brand spanking new! Not spoiled at all. Like a blank page just waiting to be written on. Have I ever mentioned my love of new stationary? No? well I love new journals, blank paper and brand new pens. Kinda like the first day of a new year - unblemished.

What will 2011 bring? Who knows? Of course I still have a goal of losing some weight - any amount of weight would be good. Another goal of getting back to work (since I didn't win the Lotto Max last night). I'd also like to become more active, I think I am starting to grow roots.

Since we had Christmas dinner at friends', I am cooking a turkey with all the fixins today. I will eat leftovers tomorrow (and then I am sick of turkey), and Monday I start my diet. DH & the kid can eat turkey leftovers the rest of the week.

We rang in the new year with the same friends we spent Christmas dinner with - it is nice to be able to drink and then just walk the 2 blocks home.

I hope all my friends (real & online), family and all my hundreds (ya I can dream) of blog readers have their best year yet - I hope all your dreams and goals come true for you in 2011!

Wishing you all prosperity, good health, happiness & joy for the coming year!

3 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Wishing you and your lovely family all the best for 2011. Most important is that we all have our health.

Waitress from Mensa said...

Yes, I also love the tabula rasa and possibilities brought by the new year.

Wishing you and your family a healthy and happy 2011. I so enjoy our "slice of life" blog with its daily vignettes. For me" less lurking and more commenting in 2011.

From a fellow craft-loving technical writer (well, former technical writer)

Gill - That British Woman said...

the same back to you Kim,

Gill

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...