Monday 22 November 2010

Dreary Rainy Monday

I am sick of all the rian we have been having - go away! And it was very cold on Sunday too - winter is definitely on its' way.

My sister came over today with her carpet cleaner and did my family room carpet for me. We have cream coloured carpet and two dark coloured dogs.

I made her homemade wonton soup for lunch in return. It was my first time making it but it truned out pretty good.

The filling for the wontons was ground pork, diced water chestnuts, chopped green onion, sesame oil, ginger powder, garlic and fish sauce - don't ask me how much of everything, I never measure.

I put about a teaspoon of filling in each wonton wrapper (store bought).

The soup was chicken stock (8 cups), 2 cups water, salt, pepper, soy sauce, ginger powder & sesame oil.

I brought the broth to a soft boil and cooked the wontons for about 10 mins.

Fresh chopped green onion was added to the bowls before I laddled the soup and wontons in. We each had 2 bowls :) Filling and relatively lowfat. And nice and warm on such a yucky day.

Now that my house is somewhat clean, I need to start decorating it. I did buy 2 artifical but very real looking pointsettia plants for my family room  mantel.

DH has gone to Ottawa for a few days for work. He will be back on Wednesday. Maybe I'll have the house all decorated by then.

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I can't believe the number of trees lit up in houses already. Both my step-mother and dd have their houses all decorated.....I'm waiting a bit longer!!

Gill

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...