Wednesday 10 October 2007

Works for me Wednesday - Cleaning in bursts

I find I work better - housework especially, if I set a time limit and rush to get things done in that time frame.

This really works for me and I often get into a groove and just keep cleaning past the alloted time.

Just now I set the time limit at 30 minutes and got the following done:

  • Tested a large pc of fabric for colourfastness - it ran :(
  • Put it in the washer by itself.
  • Tested 2 more pcs of fabric that didn't run and were like colours.
  • Emptied dishwasher - put dishes away
  • Filled dishwasher and ran
  • Emptied dish rack - put dishes away
  • Washed all remaining dishes by hand
  • Took fabric out of washer and put into dryer
  • Put 2 other pcs of fabric into washer
  • Took Lysol wipe and cleaned powder room mirror, sink, faucet, and toilet. Dryed everything with a clean rag.
For more great tips on what Works - check out Works for me Wednesday over at Shannon's place.

3 comments:

SAHMmy Says said...

I love my timer, can't live without it! I move so much more quickly when I know it's counting down to playtime or a coffee break! Great tip!

Phyllis Sommer said...

this is a great tip. i do the same thing....run around til i'm exhausted for 30 minutes then i can chill out with the paper or whatever...it's perfect for naptime cuz i know i won't "waste" the whole nap in work and i get to rest some too...thanks for visiting me today and come back soon:)

carrie said...

Saw your question over at Suburban Housewife ~ yes you can freeze cookies and then thaw them out in the fridge right before the holidays!!! You can also freeze breads and stuff!!!

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...