Sunday 10 June 2007

I could feed an army - ok a small army

I finally got around to doing an inventory of my 2 freezers and my pantry (I didn't even do the fridge freezer - so I have even more food than listed).

So I knew I had a bunch of stuff and wanted to use it up before we move (which will be sometime this summer) but didn't realize I had this much.

I will be doing a grocery exile (not buying food except for fresh product, milk & bread).

Freezer Qty/pks
mushroom risotto 2
steaks 2
pork ribs 1
chicken breast 8
chicken lasagna 1
lean cuisine lunches 3
mini pizza bagel 1 pk of 9
pizza pockets 6
scallops 1 pk
smoked salmon 2 pk
salt cod 2 pk
choriso sausage 1 pk
debrezini sausage 4 pks of 3
honey garlic sausage 4 pks of 5
extra lean ground beef 1lb
frozen juice 4
premade hamburgers 6 asst
mixed seafood 1/2 bag
pork tenderloin 5 oz
pork tenderloin 1 pk
rainbow trout 4
lean italian sausage 1 pk of 5
homemade chicken stock 3 cups
homemade chicken stock 4 cups
whole chicken 1
pumpkin puree 3/4 cup x 2
edamame 2 bags
ground turkey 1lb
blueberry waffles 8
breaded chicken breast w/garlic butter 10
Individual chicken pot pie

1

Pantry

Qty/pks
Tuna in water 3
New england clam chowder 3
cream corn 4
pasta sauce - jar 5
pasta sauce - tin 1
honey garlic rib sauce 1
corn relish 1
ketchup 1
italian salad dressing 1
Punjab sauce 1
Dad's grill BBQ sauce 1
Greek salad dressing 2
Chicken broth 1
Steel cut oats lg container
Parmasan cheese - grated 1
Chili 1
Green chilis 1
Tomato paste 1
Cream of mushroom soup 4
Nibblet corn 2
Crushed tomatoes 1
Manderins 2
Chick peas 1
Evaporated milk 1
Lychee fruit 1
Maple beans 1
Baked beans 1
Condended milk 1
sardines 4
Mussles 3
Smoked oysters 1
Single serve tomato jiuce 2
Triscuits - pepper & olive oil 1/2 box
Melba toast lg box
Cheddar & brocolli rice mix 1
Scalloped potato mix 1
Lipton chicken noodle soup mix 6
White rice tons
Brown rice 3 cups
Dried lentils 6 cups
Split peas 6 cups
Pasta - asst 7
Alfredo sauce 1

I have so far come up with the following meals - I will add fresh or tinned veggies or salads to round them out. I have included the main ingredients and what they will become.

Honey garlic sausage, 2 risottos - grilled sausage & risotto
Pork tenderloin, lentils, chix broth & brown rice - pulled BBQ pork & taco lentils & rice
2 chicken breast, angelhair pasta & alfredo sauce - chicken alfredo
Chicken lasagna
Spiral pasta & 3 debrezini - pasta primevera
Ground turkey, greek salad dressing & rice - mini turkey patties & greek rice
Asst burgers, pasta - burgers & pasta salad
Whole chicken, rice & chix stock - crockpot sticky chicken & rice pilaf
Ribs - bbq ribs & baked potatoes
3 debrezini sausages - grilled sausage & baked potaoes trout, rice - grilled fish & rice pilaf
pasta, pasta sauce & debrezini - sausage pasta
ground beef, pasta & sauce - spaghetti and meat sauce pasta, pasta sauce & lean italian sausage - sausage pasta salt cod - Bojul - cod salad (only DH eats this)
steak, 2 chicken breast & rice - grilled dinner w/rice
steak, 2 chicken breast & rice - grilled dinner w/rice
Honey garlic sausage - grilled sausage & baked potato
Honey garlic sausage & pasta - pasta primevera
4 Breaded chicken breads & rice - chicken & greek rice
4 Breaded chicken breads & rice - chicken & greek rice
2 chicken breast, 5 oz pork & rice - curry

1 comment:

Callie Ann said...

you left a comment on my blog saying leno did not right that. Darn I didn't know that do you know who did. I'll just put it a annoymous until I hear if you know who did. Thanks Callie Ann

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...