Monday 19 February 2007

Weekends that fly by

Since I have gone back to work (mid-January), I am finding it very hard to get organized. I leave the house each morning at 7 am, get home at 6 pm, make dinner, eat dinner, clean up what I have to, make lunches for the next day and then I don't want to do another thing, other then veg on the couch.

Since that is exactly what I have been doing lately, all the other things that need to get done, get left for the weekends. And my list of to-dos is just getting longer and longer.

There are certain things that absolutely have to be done each weekend, such as laundry, unless I want to go shopping and buy new clothes for everyone each week.

I have pretty much given up TV during the week. Once I have done what I have to do each night, I tend to go to bed early to read and then just fall asleep, I haven't yet gotten used to getting up at 5:20 am.

I did manage to sleep in both days this weekend, something I haven't done in quite awhile, but since J is older and doesn't need me, I think I will continue to do.

This weekend I did the following:
  • Read an entire novel
  • Went to lunch with J (ds) & K (dh)
  • Went to sport store to see about buying ice skates for K & myself (J already has his), can't find any to fit K's 11EE feet!
  • Went grocery shopping and stocked up on "on sale" toilet paper
  • Emptied then refilled and ran the dishwasher
  • Made breakfast burritos and froze for weekday mornings
  • Washed dishes by hand - several times
  • Made 18 banana choco chip muffins for lunches
  • Cut up & bagged celery for lunches
  • Cut up & bagged melon for lunches
  • Bagged Crispers crackers for lunches
  • Did 5 loads of laundry
  • Made the beef base for shepherd's pie (have to finish it tonight for tomorrow's dinner)
  • Prepped the toppings for homemade pizza (grate cheese, cut up onions, mushrooms, pepperoni etc...) for dinner - leftovers tonight
  • Hung up about 20 dress shirts of mine and DH's
  • Researched a homemade pizza dough recipe then decided I didn't have time and made DH go buy some.
  • Worked on a 1000 pc puzzle with J every spare moment I had (we started Sat around noon and are at least 50% done - I am finding puzzles very addicting!).

Looks like a lot when I put it in writing, but then why is my to-do list still so long?

I think we need a 3 day weekend - who's with me? Who do I talk to about that?

No comments:

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...