Saturday 1 December 2012

Baby Stuff I Made for a Good Friend

I made a lot of this quite awhile ago, but my friend only received & opened it today. So now I can show everyone else.

My friend V lives in Calgary and is due to have a baby girl any day now :)

These are a few of the things I sent her.

Pic intensive.

A crocheted stroller blanket.


A baby quilt.


A couple baby hats, also crocheted.



This is a cradle & mini album I made her. I got the idea from Anne's Paper Creations. I asked her permission to copy it - there isn't a pattern, I just looked at her instructions & pictures. You can find her version HERE.





































7 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

those are just gorgeous. What are they going to name her?

Gill

annes papercreations said...

Love how you made your cradle and mini. Love it Glad you could use the idea :-)
Hugs, Anne

Just this... Alice said...

You did an amazing job on the cradle, mini, and other baby items. May I inquire as to where to find the crochet pattern for the baby hats? I'd love to crochet a set for my twin granddaughters but have had a hard time finding just the right one and yours is "the one" my daughter loves. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous said...

Hey, wherecan i guy the die to use on the cradle, on the edge?

Kim said...

Here is one place you can get the On the edge die, but you can't cut the cradle with it, I just used a diecut of on the edge to draw the edge - it is easier to find someone who has this die, get hem to cut you a sample and use it to make the template.

http://store.scrapbook.com/sz-656628.html

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love your version of Anne's cradle mini. I am wondering how you bound your album?

Kim said...

I used Kathy Orta's hidden hinge binding system - the album pages are a take on her All Ocassions album

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...