Monday 28 September 2009

Long time no chat/write (?)

Sorry life got in the way again.

So here are some updates:

Garden:
  • My tomatoes plants were doing wonderfully but then got blight, and even after ripping the one offending plant out, it spread. All of my plants now have it. I picked a bunch of green tomatoes from the first plant and have them ripening on the patio table but most of the cherry tomatoes are lost :(
  • I got/will have once ripened, about 2 dozen tomatoes.
  • They say if you get tomato blight, you can't plant tomatoes there next year. We will have to try some patio tomato plants in large pots instead. And we have to try to solarize (sterilize) the soil with a large clear plastic sheet in May to use it for other veggies.
  • DH did pick a few eggplants which are doing wonderfully. He grilled them for dinner last night. The ones remaining on the plant aren't very big but still may be edible - we are expecting frost soon.
Peanut:
  • Peanut is doing much better. She ended up getting an ear infection of some sort the weekend after her allergic reaction so is now on ear drops.
Work:
  • I found out today, just 2 days before my work contract ends, that they will be extending me for 3 more months. I was looking forward to the time off but money is always a good thing. I will just be taking Thursday & Friday this week off and start the new project on Monday. It will take me through until the end of December. I don't want to have to travel in the cold winter months of January and February anyway.
Home:
  • We got new living room furniture. The stuff we had was over 13 years old and looking really bad. I will take pics and post later (I am at work right now - working hard see :)) The new stuff is very poofy and soft.

No comments:

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...