Monday 9 April 2007

Spring Reading Thing 2007


I have joined the Spring Reading Thing 2007 over at Katrina's. You can join too!

My list so far:
  • At least 4 more In Death series books by J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts) there are about 26 books, of which I have read about 12.

    ETA: (That's "Edited to add", not "Estimated time of arrival" :))
    The In Death series is all about a homocide detective Eve Dallas - it takes place in 2058ish - each book is about a different homocide investigation. Of course there is always a healthy dose of romance included (she has a gorgeous Irish billionaire previous-badboy husband; Roarke). Note: These are better read in order, as there is continuety in them. But I haven't been able to get them from the libray that way, so I have read them all out of order. I just finished the 17th and am now starting the 3rd - go figure!

    I have finished Immortal In Death (Mar 30/07) & Ceremony In Death (Apr 2/07) - I enjoyed both. Finished Vengence In Death (Apr 2/07), Holiday In Death (Apr 6/07), Midnight In Death (Apr 7/07), Naked In Death (1st book in series Apr 14/07)
  • Teacher Man by Frank McCourt - bought via my book club but haven't yet read. I liked all his other books though.
    Finished Jun 6/07 - I didn't think it was his best work.
  • The Last Templar by Raymond Khoury - again a book club purchase that I have yet to read. Supposed to be along the lines of The Da Vinci Code - so I should like it.
  • Coming To Our Senses by Jon Kabat-Zinn - again from the book club - a somewhat new age/spiritual book.
  • The Secret by Rhonda Byrne - I'm about half way done this book - not quite what I expected it to be. Finished this Mar 28th - you can read the review here.
  • Ask and it is Given by Esther & Jerry Hicks - I have read most of it except for the practical info in the last couple chapters.
  • Stress Free for Good by Dr. Fred Luskin & Dr. Kenneth R. Pelletier - started this book but couldn't get into it.
  • Not originally on my list....High Tide by Jude Deveraux (Apr 9/07), Heart of the Sea (read the 1st two of this trilogy years ago) Nora Roberts (Apr 8/07).

I am sure there are several more but I have to check my bookcase at home (currently at work).

Kim

6 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I hear such good things about JD Robb. I finally picked one up, but I'm so backlogged with other books that it'll take me awhile yet to get to it. Still, I'm eager!

Best of reading this spring!!!

Nise' said...

Great list! I love, love the In Death series by JD Robb. I have one of her latest on my list!

alisonwonderland said...

i haven't read anything on your list ... you'll have to let us know what you think of them.

happy reading!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow I had no idea there were that many books in the J.D. Robb series. You definitely have to let me know how they are so far. Great list & Happy Reading!

Muffin Cup said...

I saw Teacher Man the other day while browsing, but found it was third in a series of biographies beginning with Angela's Ashes, which I haven't read yet. I was wondering are you reading them in order? And I would love it if you did a review of that one when you are finished! Thanks for sharing your list, it sounds great!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Just stopping by to say thanks for being part of the Spring Reading Thing! I have to admit, that I haven't been able to get into the In Death series... I'm not sure why, but it just hasn't clicked for me. I know lots of people love them, so maybe I'll give them another try one of these days. :) Enjoy your reading1

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...